[TxMt] C Language Grammar and GCC Attributes

Mathieu Godart mathieu at coolsand-tech.fr
Fri Oct 3 21:58:34 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've been using TextMate for a while, but this is my first message on
this list. First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for building such
great bundles. And thank you Allan for all the good ideas that make
TextMate such a great environment to evolve in.

As you might have guessed, I don't write an email just to
congratulate. I have a question for the C language grammar maintainer.

The following function definition is wrongly parsed by the C bundle:

void __attribute__((section(".sramtext"))) hal_LpsDeepSleep(bool die)
{
}

Here, the __attribute__ is considered as an entity.name.function.c,
instead of hal_LpsDeepSleep. The __attribute__ keyword applied to
variables also make the parser lost.

Is there a simple way to exclude __attribute__ from the "possible
function names"? I have not much experience with the language grammar
syntax, so instead of implementing a dirty fix, I wanted to have your
opinion about that.

Thanks in advance.

Mathieu

Mathieu Godart