[TxMt] Re: Latex cannot check for packages from TextMate

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Oct 2 15:05:31 UTC 2008

Le 18 sept. 08 à 08:58, Christoph Wockel a écrit :

>> My preamble looks like
>>
>> \documentclass[11pt]{article}
>>
>> \include{abbreviations}
>> \include{paper}
>>
>> This is definitely a new use case for the ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex
>> directory that I have not considered.  I'll add this to my todo list.
>
> great! As a workaround I shall copy the files from ~/Library/... to
> the directory where the .tex document is located. Then the problem
> vanishes.

Yes but if you need a file like "random.tex"
/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/generic/genmisc/random.tex

i think it's not serious to try to change is location.

Why use \include instead \input before \begin{document} ?

>> Out of curiosity, are abbreviations and paper .tex files or are
>> they .sty files?  Why do you use \include rather than \usepackage?
>>

> These two files only contain some command and environment
> definitions, which I do not want to copy and paste into each new
> document. The are .tex files. I thought that using \include (or
> \input) is the cleanest way of doing this.

\usepackage is for a package latex file (.sty ) \input is used for a
tex file.

>> \begin{document}...
>>
>> and the files paper.tex and abbreviations.tex are located in ~/
>> Library/texmf/tex/latex. When runing "Typeset & View", I get the
>> following warning
>>
>> Warning: Could not open abbreviations.tex to check for packages
>>
>> Warning: Could not open paper.tex to check for packages
>>
>> although the document compiles without errors. In the same
>> document, if I hit Alt+ESC inside \ref{}, I get the message "Could
>> not locate any file named 'abbreviation'" as a tooltip.
>>

>> I think the author of the completions command probably made the
>> same assumptions as I did about ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex

With my remark about completion in the LateXCommandCompletions thread,
if you add   fileExt = "tex" in the LateXCommandCompletions.rb

> #!/usr/bin/env ruby
> #
> # Helper function
> def recursiveFileSearch(initialList)