[TxMt] Re: Latex bundle troubleshooting II

Alex Ross tm-alex at rosiba.com
Sun Nov 30 21:21:37 UTC 2008

On Nov 30, 2008, at 9:52 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 30 nov. 08 à 21:19, Alex Ross a écrit :
>

>> Hm, I'm not sure what you mean?  If you set PATH as above (as it
>> appears in Terminal), then you shouldn't have any problems.
>
> I don't like to use PATH in the Shell Variable manually
>
> 1) With 1.5.7, it was not necessary
> 2) What is the problem to get the path with a script ?

There are several problems with sourcing the users shell profile.
Often users have code that is not meant to be run, except when
starting a new terminal.  Other times, there are bugs in the user's
profile that prevents commands from working.  So, sourcing the profile
is inadvisable.

I agree that it is inconvenient to maintain a PATH in the Shell
Variables.  In the future TextMate will have a better method to handle
it.  But we are stuck with the shell vars prefpane for now.

—Alex