[TxMt] Re: Problems with python bundle

Sat Nov 29 12:12:22 UTC 2008

On 25 Nov 2008, at 13:57, Andrea Crotti wrote:

> […]
> I also had to set the proxy, the best way to create a "button" to
> switch
> between more proxies??
> It would be even better if textmate could take the setting of the
> proxy
> globally from the operating system.
>
> Is this possible? Are plugins for that?

What is this proxy for? I assume this is when fetching http resources
via the Python network library? In that case, it would be Python which
should “take the global proxy setting”.

That said, some shell commands (like curl) support reading the proxy
settings from the environment. I did write a shell command (placed in
Support/bin) to dump the OS proxy settings with the intention of
bridging the global preferences UI and shell environment, but it seems
proxy stuff can be quite complex, so I never got anywhere with it (and
not using a proxy server myself).