[TxMt] Re: Patch to blogging bundle to enable custom fields

Michael Tyson mike at tyson.id.au
Fri Nov 28 22:58:22 UTC 2008

I'm not entirely sure if it's WP-specific - it's certainly not part of
the MT spec, from what I understand.

WP provides for multiple values for the one key, which is why the
numeric ids are there; if no ID is present, WP will create a new
field, regardless of prior fields with the same key.

I like your idea of using the x- prefix; perhaps a syntax like:

..Would provide for the numeric ID?  Thoughts?

On 28/11/2008, at 11:03 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 28 Nov 2008, at 04:33, Michael Tyson wrote:
>
>> [...] format:
>> Custom: field_name (field_id) = field_value
>>
>> Where field_id is an optional numeric value, and retrieved when
>> fetching posts.
>
> Is this specific to WP, i.e. allowing field retrievel via numeric ids?
>
> I think I would prefer a syntax more like:

> But that does not allow for numeric value, but I am sort of assuming
> all custom fields should just be passed to server as key/value
> pairs!?!

Michael Tyson | michael.tyson.id.au

m: (+61) 0407 754 124
e: mike at tyson.id.au