[TxMt] Re: editing .profile, and others

Jon Evans jon.evans at pobox.com
Wed Nov 26 16:38:23 UTC 2008

Hi Ale,

2008/11/26 Ale Muñoz <bomberstudios at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Jon Evans <jon.evans at pobox.com> wrote:
> > alias mb='mate ~/.alias ~/.bashrc ~/.profile ~/.inputrc ~/.screenrc'
> This is sweet. I'm stealing it : )

You're welcome. :) You might also like my "mate aliases" alias:
alias ma='mate -w ~/.alias && . ~/.alias'
It lets you edit the aliases file, then re-sources the file so you can test
it straight away.
Strangely, this one *does* open in TextMate, even though it doesn't when
using my mb alias.

> Probably you want to right click the file in the project panel and
choose "Treat File as Text" and see if that does anything (sometimes
TextMate makes some silly assumptions about the nature of your files :)

Unfortunately when I right-click the files in the project drawer (all of
them, not just the two that won't edit in TextMate) the Treat File as
Text/Binary option is disabled.