[TxMt] looking for my $PATH

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 23:11:27 UTC 2008

Hi,
in my TextMate Preferences a PATH variable is set with value
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:
/usr/X11/bin:/Developer/Tools

As a double check,  the command
defaults read  com.macromates.textmate OakShellVariables
produces an array whose last entry is
{   enabled = 1;
        value = "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:
/usr/X11/bin:/Developer/Tools";
        variable = PATH;
    }

I quit and relaunched TextMate several times. Excellent.

However if I write in a window
p ENV['PATH']
and Execute Line As Ruby, I get
"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
and, indeed, Typeset and View in the LaTeX
bundle does not work. If I accept the suggestion
Set PATH and Relaunch, a new identical PATH
variable is added (so now I have two), and things
work until next relaunch.

What's wrong? I remember someone else compained
about a similar problem on the list, with no answer...

Thanks
Piero