[TxMt] PowerPC -> Intel migration

Alaric Snell-Pym alaric at snell-pym.org.uk
Mon Nov 3 10:50:47 UTC 2008

Hello!

I just managed to get my hands on a shiny new Intel PowerBook, so I
duly did the Migration Assistant thing to transfer all my stuff to it
from the old G4 PowerBook (going from 10.4 to 10.5 as I went).

Which has worked wonderfully, but I notice that Textmate seems to run
as a PowerPC process rather than an Intel one, according to Activity
Monitor.

What's that about? Does the automatic update mechanism send slim
binaries, based on your platform, in order to cut download times? If
so, will I get an Intel binary the next time an update happens? Or
should I download a fresh .dmg from the site and reinstall from that?

Thanks,

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym