[TxMt] Printing vs Viewing Font

Marc Feldesman feldesmanm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 22:21:58 UTC 2008

I'm having a bit of trouble balancing the the size of the print font with the size of the font visible on the screen.  The print font is way too large to fit comfortably on a standard sheet of paper, but it appears that in order to reduce the printing font I also have to reduce the size of the font on the screen.  Is there some way to decouple these two font sizes and types?  I'd like the print font to be no more than 9 or 10 point, while the on screen font I'd like to keep at 13 or 14 point.  I've got a 30" monitor and screen real estate is no problem.  I have old eyes, but I don't like to waste paper or have ugly printouts.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this.  I don't see anywhere to decouple these two fonts.

Thanks.

Dr. Marc R. Feldesman
Professor & Chairman Emeritus
Anthropology Department