[TxMt] another "Ack in project" TextMate plugin.
gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Sat May 31 00:30:02 UTC 2008
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Trevor Squires <trevor at protocool.com>
> a short while back I went looking for a TextMate plugin for ack but
> the advertised link was dead so I based one off GrepInProject++
> (instead of doing something sensible like contact the plugin's author
> about the dead link...).
> Anyhow, my own take on "Ack in project" can be found at:
> It does nifty stuff like remember your last 10 searches, allows you to
> choose word, literal or case insensitive search as well as configure
> options like whether you want to show context lines, follow symlinks
> and ignore .ackrc (you can define a .ackrc in your project directory
> I've still got a few things I'd like to improve with it but it's in
> daily use (on Tiger, will test Leopard shortly).
Nice! A few things:
- It should use the search pasteboard (tip: "pbpaste -pboard find")
- It includes nib files (even though the ack man page says it doesn't)
and also the .tmproj file. So i think it should use a default .ackrc of:
- I think a shortcut of ⇧⌥⌘-F (Shift-Alt-Cmd-F in case mail
doesn't preserve those characters) would be more intuitive
- The progress spinner while the panel is up is a bit annoying, though
I am not sure if that can be changed easily
- I think cancel should close the window (maybe use the tooltip exit
code and print "Ack in project cancelled" or so)
BTW seems to work fine on Leopard.
More information about the textmate