[TxMt] New "Unicode" bundle in the Review trunk

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Fri May 30 15:32:48 UTC 2008

Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
> Dear all,
> there's a new bundle called "Unicode" in the review trunk. It is meant
> to be a place where we can gather any kind of scripts, commands, etc.
> which are related to general Unicode issue, meaning non-ASCII. This
> should also a place where we can gather scripts related to specific
> languages like Japanese, Chinese, Greek etc.
> This bundle is the first stage. How do we separate this bundle is a
> future task.
> Thus, if there is someone who already has such scripts or is willing to
> support, please let us/me know.
> Up to now there are the following stuff in:
> - Normalize according canonical (de)composition of accented characters
> - Delete Diacritics: façadë έ だ => facade ε た
> - Convert to a similar Unicode Character: type the letter 'c' to get a
> list of "cçćĉċčƈ¢ɕʗḉ⒞ⓒc¢"
> - Convert to Greek Character: type 'n' to get "ν"
> - Show Unicode Name: select some letters to get a list of the Unicode
> I have many other scripts, but I need some time to polish them up.
> To get this bundle, simply use the Subversion Bundle's checkout
> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Review/Bundles/Unicode.tmbundle
> save this to the Desktop or whatever.
> I know, to deal with non-ASCII scripts in TM 1.x is a bit tricky, but TM
> 2.0 will come ;)

One small note:

In the character name script you should probably call unicodedata.name()
with a second argument in case the character has no name, i.e. replace

     res = a + " : " + unicodedata.name(a)

     res = a + " : " + unicodedata.name(a, "U+%04X" % ord(a))

Furthermore it would be great if this script could display all
information there is in the Python Unicode database, i.e. stuff like