[TxMt] Problem launching TextMate from terminal in Leopard

Steven Martin smartin41 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 19:53:00 UTC 2008

OK, After I run 'mate' from Apple Terminal application (ver 2.0.1), and the
application hangs, here is the log of output using 'sample TextMate 10':
Analysis of sampling TextMate (pid 88957) every 1 millisecond
Call graph:
    8715 Thread_2903
      8715 start
        8715 _start
          8715 NSApplicationMain
            8715 -[NSApplication run]
              8715 -[NSApplication
nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:]
                8715 _DPSNextEvent
                  8715 AEProcessAppleEvent
                    8715 aeProcessAppleEvent
                      8715 dispatchEventAndSendReply(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*)
                        8715 aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*,
unsigned long, unsigned char*)
                          8715 _NSAppleEventManagerGenericHandler
                            8715 -[NSAppleEventManager
dispatchRawAppleEvent:withRawReply:handlerRefCon:]
                              8715 -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling)
_handleCoreEvent:withReplyEvent:]
                                8715 -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling)
_handleAEOpen:]
                                  8715 -[NSApplication
_sendFinishLaunchingNotification]
                                    8715 -[NSApplication
_postDidFinishNotification]
                                      8715 -[NSNotificationCenter
postNotificationName:object:]
                                        8715 -[NSNotificationCenter
postNotificationName:object:userInfo:]
                                          8715
_CFXNotificationPostNotification
                                            8715 __CFXNotificationPost
                                              8715 _nsnote_callback
                                                8715 -[AppDelegate
applicationDidFinishLaunching:]
                                                  8715
+[OakCreateSymbolicLinkWizard sharedInstance]
                                                    8715
-[OakCreateSymbolicLinkWizard init]
                                                      8715
-[OakCreateSymbolicLinkWizard setupDestinationPaths]
                                                        8715 fgets
                                                          8715 __srefill
                                                            8715 read
                                                              8715 read
    8715 Thread_2a03
      8715 thread_start
        8715 _pthread_start
          8715 text::view::tokenize_filter::worker(void*)
            8715 text::view::tokenize_filter::actual_worker()
              8715 pthread_cond_wait
                8715 _pthread_cond_wait
                  8715 semaphore_wait_signal_trap
                    8715 semaphore_wait_signal_trap

Total number in stack (recursive counted multiple, when >=5):

Sort by top of stack, same collapsed (when >= 5):
        read        8715
        semaphore_wait_signal_trap        8715

Steve

P.S.  I only have installed the latest version of TextMate (1.5.7 [1436])