[TxMt] [LaTeX]Project-wise engine setting

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 15 15:24:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Paul McCann wrote:

> Have you checked that the switch doesn't happen automatically? I'm pretty
> sure that the  compile script checks for the existence of a
> \usepackage{pstricks} directive and will switch compiling to "latex" (ie,
> via dvi) in this case. Check out the log file to be sure.
>
> Aah, here it is: you can see this implemented at about line 363 of
>
> /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py

But pstricks also works with XeLaTeX. Well, 99% of pstricks users
probably still work with (la)tex, not with xe(la)tex, but it might
make sense to switch the order of elif-s at least to read:

    elif usesOnePackage(xelatexIndicators,packages):
        engine = 'xelatex'
    elif usesOnePackage(latexIndicators,packages):
        engine = 'latex'

That way, if one uses both pstricks and fontspec, it will still
resolve to xelatex instead of latex.

Just my 2c.

Mojca