[TxMt] General question on DIALOG2 + Compiling on Tiger solution

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sat Mar 29 18:22:49 UTC 2008

On 29.03.2008, at 15:25, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 28 Mar 2008, at 17:07, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
>
>>> Also, the D2 plug-in is currently dependent on latest D1 from the
>>> svn repository for the compatibility mode to work correctly.
>> What do you mean?
>
> This is because of the DIALOG variable which MUST point to the D2
> plug-in helper. If D1 is initialized after D2 it will overwrite
> D2’s variable. We made a change in D1 to prevent this

OK. I see.

####

I also got rid of the issue that I wasn't able to compile DIALOG2 on
my Tiger system.
I always got the error:
instance Dialog2 plug-in doesn't have proper initializer

Then I had a look at DIALOG2 and I found it (I believe ;):

in Resources/Info.plist > the value for key 'NSPrincipalClass' was empty

I set it to 'Dialog2' and everything works like a charm :)

It seems that Leopard handles it a bit 'lazier'.

Cheers,

--Hans