[TxMt] General question on DIALOG2

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Mar 28 09:50:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

On 27 Mar 2008, at 10:30, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
> as you know TM 2.0 will be Leopard only. Fine. But what about
> DIALOG2? Should DIALOG2 also compiled as Leopard only?
> With the new SDK 10.5 you have some "tiny" improvements to enhance
> DIALOG2.

I tried to answer this question by myself.
Thus I tried to compile DIALOG2 against SDK 10.5 and I set the
deployment target to SDK 10.4 in order to use some of the new feature
coming with Leopard also with Tiger.

[BTW
I had to rename the method initWithOptions in CLIProxy
@implementation CLIProxy
+ (id)proxyWithOptions:(NSDictionary*)options;
{
return [[[[self class] alloc] initWithOptions1:options] autorelease];
}

- (id)initWithOptions1:(NSDictionary*)options
]

Fine. On Leopard DIALOG2 runs perfectly. E.g. I could append an
accessory view to Alert.

Then I tried to run this DIALOG2.tmplugin on Tiger. But here I only
get the error message:
error reaching server

ergo it couldn't find the DialogServerProtocol

OK.
Then I downloaded DIALOG2 again and I compiled it on Tiger. Everything
went fine. But the error is the same (?)

Is there no way to compile DIALOG2 on/for Tiger anymore?
Are my settings wrong?

The issue is I would like to implement the Open/Save panel with
accessory views to DIALOG2 and some other things.

PLEASE, is there someone who can give me an hint.

Many thanks in advance,

--Hans