[TxMt] Preview IE6 through Parallels

Dennis | screenlabor dennis at screenlabor.de
Thu Mar 27 20:12:55 UTC 2008

Hi Ciarán,

I tried your command with selecting 'input: none' and 'output:discard'
in the bundle editor.

yes, it works ... slightly as it is not supposed to do:

I have 3 VMs on my machine:

- BootCamp / Windows XP / IE6
- Parallels HDD / Windows XP / IE6
- Parallels HDD / Windows Vista / IE7

When I put that command into Bundle Editor, only the second (HDD with
Windows XP) was already running:

When I ran that command the first time, the BootCamp installation of
Windows XP started to boot.
I let it go ...

When I ran the command the second time, the VM with Vista started to
boot (... on top).
I still let it go ...

Also, it seems TM opens everytime a new window instance of IE6 or IE7.
(depending wich VM has been last active one)

So, either there has to be some conflict with 'doubled entries' in
Parallel's smart selector,
And/or there is something to be done on the parameters of the command.

Any ideas?

Thanks in regard!

dennis

Am 27.03.2008 um 20:34 schrieb Ciarán Walsh:

> On 27 Mar 2008, at 18:23, Dennis | screenlabor wrote:
>
>> smart select means, you can set Windows applications as a default
>> to any file-typpe.
>
> In that case you can probably use
>
> open -a 'Internet Explorer' «filename»
>
> to open it in IE. As a TM command (to preview the current file in
> IE6) that would be
>
> open -a 'Internet Explorer' "$TM_FILEPATH"

screenlabor // freie media + produktion
detlev-bremer-strasse 13
20359 hamburg

tel: 040 31792509