[TxMt] Textmate + Leopard + SMB = Kernel panic

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Thu Mar 20 13:11:10 UTC 2008

On 20 Mar 2008, at 13:43, Cedric Simon wrote:

> We have a big problem in our society.
> We updated to Leopard 2 weeks ago. Since, we have a LOT of kernel
> panics when using TextMate (1.5.7 1455). Just for yesterday, I got 5.

The problem is likely TextMate’s use of extended attributes.

These resulted in lots of kernel panics on Tiger (when used on network
file systems), resulting in me disabling it for those. I thought it
was fixed in Leopard, but I guess not :(

You can disable the use of it yourself thoug: http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/saving_files#extended_attributes_metadata

Sorry about the inconvenience.