[TxMt] Ruby vs. Ruby on Rails file detection.

James Gray james at grayproductions.net
Wed Mar 19 15:23:21 UTC 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> I've got both a personal MacBook, and a work MacBook pro, each with
> licensed copies of TextMate.

It probably doesn't help now, but just FYI the TextMate license is
attached to you the user (not the machine).  Thus, you are allowed to
use it on multiple machines.

> Normal .rb files are coming up as Ruby rather than Ruby on Rails.

Just open a .rb file and switch the language menu at the bottom of the
window to Ruby on Rails.  TextMate needs the hint to know you want to
use the Rails grammar, but after you tell it once it will remember.

James Edward Gray II