[TxMt] Ruby vs. Ruby on Rails file detection.

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:05:48 UTC 2008

I've got both a personal MacBook, and a work MacBook pro, each with
licensed copies of TextMate.

A few weeks back on my personal machine, I followed the instructions
here to get Textmate to detect files ending in _spec.rb as rspec, and
just .rb as Ruby on Rails:

http://blog.macromates.com/2007/file-type-detection-rspec-rails/

I've just now tried to do the same thing on the work machine, and
while it detects rspec, Normal .rb files are coming up as Ruby rather
than Ruby on Rails.

The Ruby On Rails language has
     fileTypes= { 'rxml', 'rb'}
as per the blog post (Yes I realize as I type this I need to make it
work with Rails 2.0 conventions).

When went looking in the Ruby language def to delete the file type
association to 'rb', there doesn't seem to be one.

Any ideas?

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby