[TxMt] Tiling/Cascading TextMate windows

Jay Soffian jaysoffian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:50:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:08 PM, jamesr <circlecycle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings list members,
>
>         Does anyone have any applescripts or information on enabling tiling
>  and cascading TextMate windows? I'm hoping to find someone on this
>  list who has a simple expedient or barring that finding out that it
>  isnt currently possible. Then take it from there. Thanks all~

This should get you started:

"Arrange Windows 2 Horizontal" - create a new command in the Bundle Editor, Save
Nothing, Input None, Output Discard, Command(s):
--snip--
osascript -e '
tell application "Finder"
    set _b to bounds of window of desktop
    set _width to item 3 of _b
    set _height to item 4 of _b
end tell
tell application "TextMate"
	set bounds of window 1 to {1, 0, _width / 2, _height}
	set bounds of window 2 to {_width / 2 + 1, 0, _width, _height}
end tell
' &>/dev/null &
--snip--

"Arrange Windows 3 Horizontal" - as above, but for Command(s):
--snip--
osascript -e '
tell application "Finder"
    set _b to bounds of window of desktop
    set _width to item 3 of _b
    set _height to item 4 of _b
end tell
tell application "TextMate"
	set bounds of window 1 to {1, 0, _width / 3, _height}
	set bounds of window 2 to {_width / 3, 0, _width / 3 * 2, _height}
	set bounds of window 3 to {_width / 3 * 2, 0, _width, _height}
end tell
' &>/dev/null &
--snip--

"Arrange Windows 2 Vertical" - as above, but for Command(s):
--snip--
osascript -e '
tell application "Finder"
    set _b to bounds of window of desktop
    set _width to item 3 of _b
    set _height to item 4 of _b
end tell
tell application "TextMate"
	set bounds of window 1 to {1, _height / 2, _width, _height}
	set bounds of window 2 to {1, 0, _width, _height / 2}
end tell
' &>/dev/null &
--snip--

You get the idea. These don't account for the dock.

j.