[TxMt] Starting mysqld from Bundle

Svoop svoop at delirium.ch
Tue Mar 18 09:26:56 UTC 2008

Hi

I'm writing a Bundle to integrate RubyStacks in TM, the first release is
almost finished. However, I'm stuck with one feature:

One of the bundle commands is supposed to start mysqld. It's working so far,
but mysqld does not detach from the process and thus the (Ruby) script hangs
TM until killed. I've tried all kinds of things like calling it in backticks
`/path/to/mysqld`, or forking/detaching, even `nohup /path/to/mysqld &`. No
matter what I do, mysqld doesn't detach from the script launched from within
TM.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,   -sven