[TxMt] New R bundles available

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Mar 17 13:03:36 UTC 2008

Le 17 mars 08 à 12:40, Hans-Joerg Bibiko a écrit :

> On 17 Mar 2008, at 12:14, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>> If I understand you correctly, have a look at Sweave:
>>
>> http://www.stat.umn.edu/~charlie/Sweave/
>> http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/

  Haris, thanks for this answer but I found Sweave too complex ( I
discover R and Sweave
  recently , perhaps in a few days this tool will be very fine for me)
My idea is to make a latex package to create interactivity between R
and pgf,
  like gnuplot and pgf.

>> On Mar 17, 2008, at 6:45 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>>> I would like to know if it is possible to work with R and LaTeX.
>>>
>>> I would like from LaTeX, give instructions to create a file(txt)
>>> from R
>>> and then make an input of this file.
>>>
>>> I can realize this with maxima, gnuplot, giac but I don't know
>>> enough R .... :(
>
> Or for simple things write the R code within the latex doc, select
> it, and invoke "R > Execute Selection/Document in R and > Insert
> Result".
>
> see screencast http://www.bibiko.de/TM_R_latex_ex01.mov (2MB)

Hans, this very interesting. Thanks for your work. Do you have other
examples
  of simple things?

Best Regards

Alain Matthes