[TxMt] MultiMarkdown Bug in Lists...

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Sun Mar 16 14:35:04 UTC 2008

OK, I think the following works.  Anyone who uses the MMD bundle,
please try it out in various circumstances.  My testing indicates that
it works, but I may have missed something.

If I don't hear of any bugs, I'll update the bundle on my web site....

Replace the command for "List - New Sibling" with:

#!/usr/bin/env perl

# New, cleaned up, improved list sibling command
# Thanks to Allan Odgaard and Brian H for finding and
# 	helping to fix problem with special characters in list items

# get current line, and break into what is left and right of caret

$line = $ENV{'TM_CURRENT_LINE'};

$index = $ENV{'TM_LINE_INDEX'};
$line =~ /^(.{$index})(.*)$/;
$left = $1;
$right = $2;

# Escape special characters since we will paste as snippet
$left =~ s/(?=[\$`\\])/\\/g;
$right =~ s/(?=[\$`\\])/\\/g;

# Now, figure out what to paste back

if ($left =~ /^\s*((\*|\+|\-|\d+\.)\s*)\S+/) {
	# We appear to have a list item with content, so create a new sibling

	$marker = $1;	# What was used as a list item marker?

	# If the marker included a counter, increment it
	$marker =~ s{
		(\d+)
	}{
		$1+1;
	}ex;

	print "$left\n$marker$right\$0";
} else {
	# Not a list item with content, so strip marker (if any) and add a
newline
	print "$left\n$right\$0";
}

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at fletcherpenney.net

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
	- Dean Martin