[TxMt] Re: Automatic Language selection of 'css.inc.php' files possible?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sat Mar 15 09:36:47 UTC 2008

On 15 Mar 2008, at 01:47, Steven Rowat wrote:

> OK, I can report that I solved my dilemma by renaming all the
> 'css.inc.php' files as '.inc.css' files, and TextMate properly sets
> the language as css.

If you do want to use “css.inc.php” then what you need to do is add
this triple-extension to the CSS grammar, but if TM already has a
recorded change for the last part of the ext., then that will be used
over the default, found in the grammar.

For more info about this (and solutions) see http://blog.macromates.com/2007/file-type-detection-rspec-rails/

> I had read that using .css is less secure than using .php (which is
> why I didn't use .css to begin with), but that's probably only valid
> when the includes are inside the web site root; mine are outside.

Less secure here likely refers to some server setting screwup (or
missing server setting) that cause the files to not be processed (by
php) and thereby revealing the code in these files to users.

Technically the same screwup can happen for php, but I guess since all
servers come pre-configured to preprocess these, the chance is less
likely.