[TxMt] Something like flymake possible for TextMate?

Johannes Beigel johannes.beigel at brainbot.com
Fri Mar 14 16:45:48 UTC 2008

Am 14.03.2008 um 16:22 schrieb Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient:
> I'm not exactly sure what all flymake does…

It's calling an external code validator while you are editing source
code. Some people tend to find this annoying, others find it really
useful.

I would be interested to know if such a thing is possible in TextMate:
Essentially one has to repeatedly and asynchronously call a matching
external validator after each edit (whereby one has to define what to
count as "an edit", the most extreme strategy would be after every
keystroke, but this could lead to too much load).

> But a number of bundles have validation commands.

Sure, I am aware of e.g. PyCheckMate. flymake just uses tools like
pyflakes or gcc to do the actual code validation, but you don't have
to explicitly invoke it and – maybe more important – you don't have to
remember to do it.

-Jojo