[TxMt] save as copy

Steven Ross nowhiding at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:24:03 UTC 2008

As a developer I have used subversion a lot... where it benefits the most is
in a multi user environment where you have the potential for a number of
people editing the same files. However I have also used it when I am the
only one working on a project.
Workflow inside TM is easy ctrl-shift-a (select the folder or file you are
working on) and commit it.

pretty easy.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:16 AM, (((Bonsai Studio))) - Giuseppe <
giuseppe at bonsai-studio.net> wrote:

> Tony,
> I use cssEdit to edit css files, and it lets you create milestones to
> About the TextMate, I, sadly, just make a copy, close the newly
> renamed and open the old one.
>
> I don't know how to use subversion, but it seems bloated to a little
> freelance developer like me.
>
> Il giorno 11/mar/08, alle ore 15:04, Tony Crockford ha scritto:
>

> > On 11 Mar 2008, at 13:55, Steven Ross wrote:
> >
> >> version control is referring to a type of software that manages the
> >> iterations of your code for you (thats a pretty base description).
> >> you can
> >> read about one form of version control here:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
> >
> > I've tried Subversion and Mercurial, but as a solo developer used to
> > working with folders of files (websites) it's very hard to see any
> > speeding up of my process.
> >
> > often I want a copy of a CSS file so the changes I'm making can be
> > undone en-masse.
> >
> > I'll also make a myriad of changes to several files to get a desired
> > result and having to comment each change or commit is counter
> > productive.
> >
> > If I could get into the habit, it might help, but it doesn't seem to
> > bring any benefits to me at this point...
> >
> > any other web developers/builders using Version Control Systems want
> > to share workflow? or point to a step by step?
> >
> > ;o)

Steven Ross
web application & interface developer
http://blog.stevensross.com
[mobile] 404-488-4364 [fax] 267-482-4364
[ AIM / Yahoo! : zeriumsteven ] [googleTalk : nowhiding ]