[TxMt] save as copy

Steven Ross nowhiding at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:55:25 UTC 2008

version control is referring to a type of software that manages the
iterations of your code for you (thats a pretty base description). you can
read about one form of version control here: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko <bibiko at eva.mpg.de>
wrote:

> On 11 Mar 2008, at 14:35, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:
> >> any suggestions for how I might approach this better, or is there an
> >> option for "save a copy of this with a new name and work in the
> >> original"
> >
> > Well, you could use version control. That way, you commit and continue
> > working...
>
> My workflow is that
>

> bound to shift+apple+s
>
> Is a shell script:
>
> res=$(CocoaDialog filesave --title "Save As Copy" --with-file
> "$TM_FILENAME")
> cat > "$res"
>
> input: entire doc
> output: discard
>

> Cheers,
>
> --Hans

Steven Ross
web application & interface developer
http://blog.stevensross.com
[mobile] 404-488-4364 [fax] 267-482-4364
[ AIM / Yahoo! : zeriumsteven ] [googleTalk : nowhiding ]