[TxMt] Regular Leopard Crashes

Jay Soffian jaysoffian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 22:15:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Nik Jewell <lnikj at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since the 10.5.2 update I can't seem to keep TM going for more than a
> few minutes at a time. I'm kind of guessing that as I am not seeing
> others reporting this that it is due to some kind of conflict with
> something else on my system. There is no particular pattern to the
> crashes - I am just editing html or using the blogging bundle when it
> happens.
>
> Any ideas gratefully received. All the crash logs look like this:

Wow:

/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/BlogMate.tmplugin
/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/MissingDrawer.tmplugin
/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/TabMate.tmplugin
/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/TeXSLMate.tmplugin
/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/TmCodeBrowser.tmplugin
/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/ViMate.tmplugin
/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/WebMate.tmplugin
/Users/nik/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns/XMLMate.tmplugin
/Library/InputManagers/SpeedDownload Enhancer
/Library/InputManagers/1PasswdIM

So, I'd start by disabling ViMate (move it to your Desktop, restart
TextMate). If that doesn't work, put it back, disable the next plugin in
the list. Rinse, wash, repeat till stability is regained.

If you're unlucky, it's more than one plugin. In that case, disable them
all then re-enable them one at a time.

It's less likely one of the two input managers.

j.