[TxMt] which version control system to take?

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 00:41:57 UTC 2008

On 29 Feb 2008, at 17:37, Christoph Held wrote:

> what would you choose?

I'd totally go with a distributed VCS. The possibility to work offline
is a good reason enough, IMHO.

After quickly trying almost every VCS, the one I picked first is
Mercurial and it was a blessing compared to svn.
With all the buzz git got lately, I decided to try it for real on a
project.
To make it really short:
I think git can be more powerful, but is harder to learn, and after 15
days i still scratch my head on some edge cases.

So I'd say Mercurial, Git, Darcs... See the one that suits you best.

--
FredB