[TxMt] Re: Small Python annoyances

Alex Ross ajross at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Jun 20 05:55:20 UTC 2008

On Jun 19, 2008, at 8:25 PM, Julio Biason wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Alex Ross <ajross at cs.pdx.edu> wrote:
>> Hm... This is a bit strange.  It should skip past both the ) and
>> the :
>> when you press ).  Are you using the cutting edge version of
>> textmate?
>
> I think so. About says "Version 1.5.7 (1464)" and the Auto-update is
> set to "Bleeding edge".

Is there a macro in the Python bundle called “Inside Parameter List:
Overtype Closing ):”.  This is the macro that should fire when you
overtype the closing parenthesis in a parameter list.

It's possible that you have an old python bundle in ~/Library/
Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/.  That could be overriding the
python grammar, or this macro.  If you have such a bundle, it is ok to
move or delete it (though you'll lose any of your customizations to
the bundle).

–Alex