[TxMt] Re: Small Python annoyances

Alex Ross ajross at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Jun 20 01:43:32 UTC 2008

On Jun 19, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Julio Biason wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko
> <bibiko at eva.mpg.de> wrote:
>> What do you mean with "but I still get the closing parenthesis and
>> colon when I create a function ("def")" ?
>
> On a Python source file, when I type "def function(" I get a "):"
> for free. ;)
>
> It seems TextMate understand that it added the ")" automatically (so
> it just skips it when I press ")"), but not the ":".

Hm... This is a bit strange.  It should skip past both the ) and the :
when you press ).  Are you using the cutting edge version of textmate?

Also, you can just press ⌥
↩ at any point in the line to go to the next line.  So if you were
intending to press enter after you pressed :, just type ⌥↩ and
you'll save a couple of keystrokes.