[TxMt] Re: Small Python annoyances

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Jun 19 10:48:25 UTC 2008

On 19 Jun 2008, at 12:37, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

>> Third, still in the PEP8-issues, I'm trying to find a way to make
>> hard-breaks when going beyond column 78. TextMate have soft-breaks,
>> but I'd really like to have it to automagically insert the break for
>> me (and add an indentation to the next line.)
>
> To do this automatically while writing could be a bit tricky. But I
> think of having either a tidy function which will do this ...

I just found http://www.lacusveris.com/PythonTidy/PythonTidy-1.16.python
which does it quite good. Maybe this could be a good starting point to
set up a tidy function.

It can handle TABs, things like "import os, re" etc. The only thing is
that it cannot handle long strings. But this can be addded.

--Hans