[TxMt] Re: Using PyCheckMate with a python virtual environment

Jay Soffian jaysoffian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 18:33:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Benjamin Goldenberg
<benjamin at metaweb.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am currently using TextMate for a Pylons project with its own virtual
> environment. So, instead of using /usr/local/bin/python, I use a python
> interpreter at a specific path. Is there an environment variable I can set so
> that TextMate uses the correct interpreter so that my imports go through?

TM_PYCHECKER may be set to control which checker is used. Set it to just
"pychecker", "pyflakes", or "pylint" to locate these programs in the
default python bin directory or to a full path if the checker program is
installed elsewhere.

TM_PYTHON controls which python binary is used.

And of course, you can control where imports are looked for via PYTHONPATH

j.