[TxMt] Re: How to add Actionscript breakpoints?

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Mon Jun 16 19:53:52 UTC 2008

> Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to add breakpoints to my AS3
> code. I'm compiling using Simon Gregory's Flex/AS3 bundle using the
> FCSH compiler.

Breakpoints, when using Flex Builder, appear to be external metadata
separate from the source.
I've played around with the idea of adding them within comments,
parsing the document on compile,
then starting fdb. However I've not yet got it working...

> Also I'd like to know what's a good debugger to use that I can pause
> and execute my code with. I'm on a Mac so I can't use FlashDevelop
> and I'd rather not buy a license for the Flex IDE.

As far as I know your only other option is fdb, this seems a
reasonable howto:

<http://marxsoftware.blogspot.com/2007/11/using-flex-debugger-fdb-with-flex-based.html

Cheers,
Simon