[TxMt] Re: Textmate/Latex: Citation Inclusion does not work

n00by macvuk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 18:57:58 UTC 2008

> You only need to set it in one place, just make sure that you use the
> "full path" to the file, not relative path. Same goes for
> TM_LATEX_BIB. Btw, if you bib file is loaded via \bibliography{} into
> either the master file or a file included in it, then the citation
> command should be able to find it by itself, you shouldn't set
> TM_LATEX_BIB at all.
>
> So, this is what I tried  and it worked just fine for me:
>
> Structure:
>
> top folder
> 	- "main" folder
> 		- ab.tex
> 		- test.bib
> 	- "includes" folder
> 		- other.tex
>
> ab.tex is the main file. It contains:
>
> \include{../includes/other.tex}
> \bibliography{test.bib}
>
> TM_LATEX_MASTER is set to the full filepath to ab.tex, which in my
> case is something like: /Users/haris/Desktop/testing/9_Appendix/main/
> ab.tex
> In this setting, the citation command seems to work just fine for me.
> Does a similar setting work for you?

I set up a similar environment with the same folder structure, but it again
only works with citation inclusion in the main document. I deleted the
overall TM shell variable (TM_LATEX_MASTER), it is now only set the
(absolute, as before: /Users/n00by/Desktop/title/main/untitled.tex) path is
now "project specific". I also deleted the TM_LATEX_BIB variable, as the
bibliography is loaded via \bibliography{} in the main document. The only
difference is that I have to use \input and not \include for including my
chapters, but as I read earlier, this shouldn't be the problem.

I don't know where the problem could be. Maybe i can send you my
example-files? Just an idea...