[TxMt] Autocompletion

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Jun 4 11:03:05 UTC 2008

On 4 Jun 2008, at 12:44, Teifion Jordan wrote:
> Lets assume I am editing a PHP document and type "s", the bundle (or
> even better, TM2 ;)) looks up a list of function names and then
> outputs after the s, the first keyword in the list that starts with
> "s". However, that extra text is left as selected, if the user
> continues to type then they will overwrite the text (and it will
> alter it's guess accordingly) but if the user hits the relevant key,
> it leaves the selected text in place and puts the caret (I think
> that's the name) at the end of the word.
>
> If it's not possible in a bundle, is there any chance of seeing
> something like it in TM2?

This is also possible with TM 1.x

You have to install DIALOG2 ('only' source code available; you have to
compile it) and you have to look for the latest bundle versions
whether the author(s) wrote a routine to support DIALOG2.

tm_dialog2 provides such a functionality 'ExtendedPopUp'. You type 's'
press the the key for auto-complete. A popup window appears with all
suggestions beginning with 's'. But you type further to narrow down
the list.

--Hans