[TxMt] Re: Actual Forum?

podperson tloewald at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 14:42:08 UTC 2008

when people call for forums, on mailing lists, I wonder why they don't
just set one up and invite people to join.</forum>

1. I take it from the fact that of my two initial posts to this list -- one
asking for information on autocomplete to which I got ZERO replies and this
one which has received a deluge including insane garbage verging on death
threads -- that I'm not the first person to ask for a forum.

You know, mentioning "forum" here is like mentioning "usability" on the
blender forum.

2. Fragmenting a community is not a positive contribution.

I detest forums - whenever I go looking for information in Google I
> usually end up finding my exact same question asked on a forum
> somewhere, *but* very rarely answered.

And how often do you find it answered on a mailing list by searching on
Google?

every mailing list I'm on provides instant answers to my questions.

Thanks to someone being willing to answer it for the nth time.

Who has time to trawl through forums?

I find mailing lists a much bigger pain to deal with than forums.