[TxMt] Re: Actual Forum?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 07:34:45 UTC 2008

On 28 Jul 2008, at 23:16, podperson wrote:

> I know there are people who (for some reason) prefer mailing lists
> to actual
> forums, but I'd like to cast my vote for a proper forum.
>
> Nabble works surprisingly well, but it's still pretty painful
> compared to
> any forum I've used.

when people call for forums, on mailing lists, I wonder why they don't
just set one up and invite people to join.

I detest forums - whenever I go looking for information in Google I
usually end up finding my exact same question asked on a forum
somewhere, *but* very rarely answered.

every mailing list I'm on provides instant answers to my questions.

Who has time to trawl through forums?