[TxMt] Re: GetBundles Request: GitHub Link / More info

Thomas Aylott oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Wed Jul 23 18:56:48 UTC 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 2:00 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
> On 23.07.2008, at 19:27, Thomas Aylott wrote:
>> Maybe we could add the link to the description in the info.plist. And
>> for Github you could just tack on the homepage value for the repo.
>> Seems Allan already officially added support for html in the
>> description over a year ago:

> Well, if this is consistently done one could parse a href for getting
> more infos but I also saw bundle descriptions mentioned something
> like:
> [fictive]
> bla foo, the language deals with Python (www.python.org), ....
>
> How to distinguish between such a link at the link to an HTML
> description?
>
> Or did this mean either a plain text for describing the bundle or a
> link to a external document, but not both?
> If so then it'd possible I guess.

The actual commit included:
	<key>description</key>
	<string>Support for <a href="http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/About_JavaScript
">JavaScript</a>.</string>
for the javascript bundle.

I'd say, this field is officially supposed to be pure text or html. If
it's not an html link, then just use it asis without any extra
parsing. If they want it to be a real link they can change their
description.

—	thomas Aylott    @    subtleGradient