[TxMt] Re: GetBundles Request: GitHub Link / More info

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Jul 23 17:00:56 UTC 2008

On 23.07.2008, at 18:45, Thomas Aylott wrote:

> Hey.
> Where does the extra information come from for the Macromates bundles?
Do you mean the descriptions of bundles hosted at the svn trunk?
If so, I parse the info.plist of each bundle, tag <description>.

> Also, any chance of adding a link to the GitHub project for all those?
This could be done I guess. Maybe also for the svn bundles.
And this could be put into a more-info thing.

> I'd also really like to inclue some really basic html into the
> descriptions of my bundles.
Do you mean for svn and github?

> I'd especially like to get a few images into my more visual bundles.
>
> So, how hard would it be to convert the more-info thing into a
> webview?
I'll try something.

> And where do I actually add those descriptions?
> For GitHub bundles you could parse the README files for the bundles
> like GitHub does.

For svn bundles I don't see a chance to add a more detailed
description. He only way would be that Allan decide to add soemthing
like that into the bundle architecture.

For github, well, to parse the README file would be tricky caused by
the issue that these are coming in different formats.
But it could be, maybe, possible to get the README stuff from
github's HTML page meaning e.g. the <div id="readme">...</div> part
of http://github.com/subtleGradient/subtlegradient-tmbundle/tree/master

Then the HTML rendering will be done by github.

--Hans

BTW I uploaded a new GetBundles to the review. The entire error
handling is strongly improved. I also added a help nib plus button,
and a check box to make it possible to install a git bundle by
downloading it as zipball. This is useful for users whose computer is
behind a firewall which blocks the git port.