[TxMt] LaTeX label completion messed up by - (dash)

Evan Berkowitz evan.berkowitz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 20:14:46 UTC 2008

I am currently writing a many-file textbook using a master.tex file.
To label figures, tables, sections, etc.  without a collision of
labels I have been using the convention:

So, for instance, I have a the following in the file which labels an
example which has to do with the tension in the string of a pendulum
in the section "Pick A Nice Point" in the chapter "Answer Strategies"

Now, when I try to do completion

\ref{answer-stra[[press Alt-escape, select completion]]}

I wind up with a duplication of anything that comes before the last
typed dash:

instead of the expected:

Another example below.

Does anyone know how to work around this?  I've already typed about
one hundred labels and references, and I so far I have put up with
correcting the completion each time.  It's getting old, though.

Thanks a lot,

Another example would be:

instead of