[TxMt] Re: possible to use multiple lines for tabs?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:35:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Jacob Rus <jacobolus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Is it possible to arrange tabs with file names into multiple lines? I
>> often have dozens of files open and it really becomes annoying to
>> switch between them.
>
> No. (And it would make for an icky GUI,

If you consider that solution ugly: what about the feature that
firefox has for example? If one has too many tabs open, it's possible
to slide through the line with tabs.

> so I don't expect it will be
> coming; The drawer is perfectly good at showing a large list of files.)
>
> Have you tried ⌘T?

Not until now. Now I did. It is not what I am looking for, though it
is definitely helpful.

If that feature is unlikely to come, maybe another question:
- One is usually able to move a tab to the desired location (for
example to move a tab wit open file from end to beginning), but how do
I work with tabs (open files) that are out of scope? For example to
move the tab/file from end to beginning?

Thanks,
    Mojca