[TxMt] Re: Auto replace on load&save?

Jonas Zimmermann listen at jonaszimmermann.de
Tue Jul 15 17:21:58 UTC 2008

Am 15.07.2008 um 18:38 schrieb Hans-Jörg Bibiko:

> Well, this would be doable by using two scripts.
> But first I have some humble questions.

Scripts sound great. This would work like a hook on opening and
saving .tex files? One may earn extra points by telling me how to
reuse my .plist dictionary of replacement pairs...

> What kind of typesetting engine do you are using?
> E.g. I can type '≤' and I'll get '≤' without any conversion.

I use pdflatex. I've never tried to typeset "≤" directly, I must
admit. However, I remember that I used to run into problems with other
characters (as simple as umlauts), especially when collaborating on
documents with Windows users.
So basically I want to keep my code clean of anything 8-bit ;)

> Do you want to typeset larger Greek texts or 'only' Greek letters in
> mathematical equations?

That'd be only equations etc.

> How do yo input these Greek letters?
> Do you switch to a Greek keyboard?

I've built a specific LaTeX keyboard (see http://www.lessjunkmorefunk.de/de/latex-keyboard
  for screenshots + actual keyboard files). That also gives me the
benefit of accessible \{}/[] characters (which are a bit hidden on the
standard German layout and likely cause CTS) without making the
Umlauts (äöüß) too hard to reach.

> If I understood you correctly, your point is that you want to see e.g.
> α = β + γ
> instead of
> \alpha = \beta + \gamma

Yep, exactly. With a bit of ∑_{i=17}^∞x_i≥η→ℝ=ℕ love this
becomes irresistable (to me) ;)

Best,
Jonas