[TxMt] Option to allow cursor to be placed in the void

Tim Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:15:21 UTC 2008

I don't know what I did, or how I did it, but somehow TextMate places
the cursor, by default, out in the void, where there are no tabs,
spaces, or characters.

For example: I'm on line 1, column 80.  Line 2 has 5 characters.  I
press down.  I'm on line 2, column 80.  I type the letter 'a'.  74
spaces are inserted up to column 80, then the character 'a' is inserted.

How do I switch this behavior back, so that pressing down brings me to
the end of the line, but not out in the void?

Thanks!
Tim