[TxMt] Re: Is the make new document AppleScript command working?

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sun Jul 6 08:28:59 UTC 2008

On 06.07.2008, at 05:44, André Berg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get this basic command to work. Here's my script:
>
> tell application "TextMate"
>      activate
>      make new document
> end tell
>
> I am getting an error message in German which loosely translates to:
>
> "TextMate" has recieved an error: Error in the AppleEvent routine"

TextMate 1.x supports only very few AppleScript commands.

Do you have to use AppleScript in order to create a new document?

Because, you can do this:
- e.g. as shell command: mate ~/Desktop/TEST.txt (this can be used
inside of AppleScripts do shell)
[to install the mate command go to Help > Terminal Usage]
- e.g. as Web URL : txmt://open/?url=file://~/Desktop/TEST.txt

and some other ways.

Servus
--Hans