[TxMt] Xtrace/Zeroi/AS2

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Sat Jul 5 21:22:16 UTC 2008

I know, I know, I should really be using flashlog.txt but I despise
the Flash Debug Player with a passion.

I've been fighting with a bunch of different flash loggers and so far
the only one that I've made work is Xtrace; it connects but then logs:

<policy-file-request/>

And promptly disconnects.  The debug output is printed over the flash
movie which is better than nothing but hardly usable.  I simply can't
get it to log anything more, nor can I get it to send back a lax
policy that will permit the logging.  Zeroi just plain doesn't work
with Xtrace, or at least I can't make it work.  Xtrace was fantastic
while it worked (in older versions of TM) but since it was upgraded a
while back (and I am now running Leopard) it refuses to work.  Ah, the
joy of Flash security issues.

Other than flashlog.txt, what are my other possible options for
logging trace() calls when building AS2.0 apps in TextMate?  What do
you use?  How did you make it work?

In need of a sanity transplant,

Gaby.

--
Uganda Maximum - Enemy of the English Thrust
http://www.playr.co.uk/