[TxMt] Re: PyMate broken

Michael Glassford glassfordm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:19:29 UTC 2008

Alex Ross wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2008, at 5:34 AM, Michael Glassford wrote:
>
>> I guess the option key gives you an extra-sharp Cutting Edge
>> version :)
>
> Don't cut yourself.
>
>> I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't help. Where's the interactive
>> input dynamic library live and what's it called? I can look for it if
>> that will help.
>
> I think it may help to delete your checkout, and also be sure that
> there is no old code in ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate.

Because I did this when I was having problems before, there's only one
thing there: a bundle I created that has only a single command in it.

>  It's
> possible that something from the old PyMate is interfering.  Make a
> fresh new checkout.

Unfortunately, this didn't help.

> If that doesn't work... what version of Python are you running?

2.5.2

I'm also running OSX 10.4.11, if that matters, and the version of Ruby
that is installed in it by default, I believe: ruby 1.8.2.

> Do
> you have a sitecustomize.py on your PYTHONPATH?

The only one I could find anywhere on my drive is at
/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Python.tmbundle/Support/sitecustomize.py. It's
not on my PYTHONPATH.

> Any other funny python
> configuration issues that I can't think of?

None that I know of.

> If you create a new user, and attempt the command does it work?

At first I thought that it did (I created a .py file containing a single
print statement and saw the output), but then I ran the same file under
my normal user and saw that output too. But when I ran the unit test
that I'd been using to try it before, I still saw no output from that,
although it generates a lot of output when run in a Terminal window.

Mike