[TxMt] Re: Web preview enhancements?

Thomas Aylott / subtleGradient textmate at subtlegradient.com
Thu Jul 3 05:05:31 UTC 2008

My "Leopard Dark 2" GUI replacement
http://wiki.macromates.com/Main/AlternativeGUIs does help a bit.

Also check out my subtleGradient.tmbundle on GitHub:
http://github.com/subtleGradient/subtlegradient-tmbundle/tree/master

If you set up the
subtlegradient.tmbundle/Support/bin/42_TextMate_live_preview.rb file
as your filter through command in the web preview window you can get
live html and CSS previews. You have to set the url to use for
previewing css first. There's a command to do that for you too.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Marco De Vitis <starless at spin.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> regarding web development with TextMate and its web preview: I found the
> http://wiki.macromates.com/GUI/WebPreviewEnhancements page, and wondered
> if everything written there still applies, and if any workarounds exist,
> especially for the following two issues:
>
>> Don't close it when a different tab is selected in the TextMate main
>> window
>
>> Add an option to refresh the Web Preview window if "any" file in the
>> project has changed. This would be useful for anyone editing CSS
>> files and wishes to see the changes immediately.
>
> The lack of these two features unfortunately makes the preview rather
> useless when developing a new site from scratch while using a separate
> CSS file.
>
> I'll add to these that AFAICT, when editing a long HTML page, the web
> preview goes back to the top each time it's refreshed, making it useless
> again if you're working on an area at the bottom of the page.
>
> Am I missing anything?
> Thanks :).
>
> --
> Ciao,