[TxMt] Web preview enhancements?

Marco De Vitis starless at spin.it
Wed Jul 2 20:40:09 UTC 2008

Hi,
regarding web development with TextMate and its web preview: I found the
http://wiki.macromates.com/GUI/WebPreviewEnhancements page, and wondered
if everything written there still applies, and if any workarounds exist,
especially for the following two issues:

> Don't close it when a different tab is selected in the TextMate main
> window

> Add an option to refresh the Web Preview window if "any" file in the
> project has changed. This would be useful for anyone editing CSS
> files and wishes to see the changes immediately.

The lack of these two features unfortunately makes the preview rather
useless when developing a new site from scratch while using a separate
CSS file.

I'll add to these that AFAICT, when editing a long HTML page, the web
preview goes back to the top each time it's refreshed, making it useless
again if you're working on an area at the bottom of the page.

Am I missing anything?
Thanks :).

--
Ciao,