[TxMt] Subversion Hangs When I Try to Commit

Steve Chanin steven.chanin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:21:01 UTC 2008

When I do a Status using the Subversion Bundle, it correctly shows
what has changed.

However, when I try to do a commit from the subversion popup page,
the spinning dial starts up and never stops. After waiting a while, I
killed the svn process at the command line. Once I did that, TM poped
up a window asking for my SVN password.

I have used svn at the command line for months to check in/out code
and it works perfectly. My username on the svn repository is
different from my username on my mac, but the first time I used svn
from the command line, it failed and then I was able to put in the
correct username and password. Since then (months ago), svn from the
command line has worked perfectly. I think when svn is started by TM
it must be using my mac user name rather than the cached name. Is
there any way I can control this?

After I type my comments and hit commit, in the status window the
following appears:
	Authentication realm: PAC
but I can’t see any place that I can type to supply my credentials.

I don't think it's a problem with our subversion repository because
the developer sitting next to me is able to commit from TextMate with
no problems.

Thanks,
Steve

Steven Chanin